Detroit Financial Crimes Attorney
The term "financial crimes" may encompass a variety of criminal offenses involving money, including the following:
- Mortgage fraud
- Financial transaction device fraud
- Credit card fraud
- Commercial fraud
- Internet crimes involving financial transactions
If you or your business has been implicated in any financial crime in Michigan such as these, you are urged to discuss your situation with a Detroit financial crimes defense lawyer at Schwartz Law Firm. Call or e-mail our law offices in Farmington Hills to schedule a consultation.
- Were you accused of using the company credit card without authorization? It may not be simply a work performance issue - it may morph into criminal charges. Therefore, we encourage you to talk to a lawyer about it even if you have not been formally charged. The dispute may be resolvable through negotiations and possibly restitution, without any criminal charges being filed.
- Were you accused of hiding assets for someone in a bankruptcy or divorce? You may be guilty of corroborating with bankruptcy fraud in the first case or fraud and contempt of court in the second case.
- Were you accused of mishandling funds in a non-profit organization where you serve as treasurer? Personality conflicts and grudges may be behind the charges, rather than actual facts.
- Perhaps you have been charged with a laundry list of criminal offenses all pegged to one incident or set of circumstances. In this case, a successful defense may mean that you will plead guilty to the least serious of the charges in exchange for dismissal of all the other charges.
On the other hand, you may not need to plead guilty to any crime at all if it is determined that law enforcement agents violated your constitutional rights. Did police use illegal search and seizure tactics to gather evidence against you? Was the integrity of computer data used against you compromised in any way?
In the event that a guilty verdict seems inevitable, you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer to help mitigate the damage:
- Minimize consequences
- Reduce charges
- Eliminate charges
Whatever the financial crimes you are accused of and whatever stage your case is at now, Schwartz Law Firm in Farmington Hills welcomes the opportunity to advise and represent you.
In the face of charges of any type of financial fraud such as commercial fraud, talk to one of our criminal defense lawyers. Contact at our offices in Farmington Hills for a free initial consultation with an experienced Detroit area financial crimes defense lawyer.