Detroit Trust Attorney
Nowadays, most high net worth individuals and couples take advantage of the power of trusts to minimize estate taxes and facilitate a smooth transfer of cash, real estate and other property after death. When the time comes for administration of the trust, surviving family members understand the value that an experienced estate administration lawyer can bring to the process.
At Schwartz Law Firm, knowledgeable lawyers provide comprehensive estate planning services. We advise and assist surviving trustees who are responsible for administering trusts for estates of all sizes. We help ensure that trustees meet their fiduciary duties while executing trusts such as the following:
- Living trusts
- Revocable trusts
- Irrevocable trusts
- Asset protection trusts
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Generation skipping trusts
- Life insurance trusts
- Simple trusts
- Complex trusts
The trustee may be a spouse or anyone else. Our Michigan probate attorneys guide the trustee in a number of ways:
- We clarify the trustee's duties
- We read and interpret important documents associated with the trust
- We guide the trustees through the process of identifying and liquidating estate assets held in a trust
- When there is also a will, we help the trustee differentiate between assets governed by the will and assets held in the trust
All important aspects and details are addressed by our Detroit trust lawyers. We answer questions regarding the final tax return to be filed for the deceased and any other duties or concerns of the trustee.
Whether you are a trustee or a beneficiary of a trust, our attorneys are prepared to address your concerns and provide solutions through the legal and practical matters associated with trust administration. Contact us at our offices in Farmington Hills for a free initial consultation with an experienced estate administration lawyer.