Detroit Driver's License Restoration Lawyer
The traffic offense and DUI defense lawyers at Schwartz Law Firm answer frequently asked questions about driver's license restoration in Michigan.
How did you lose your driving privileges?
Most likely, you accumulated too many points on your driver's license as a result of traffic tickets and other infractions such as the following:
- Manslaughter or negligent homicide using a motor vehicle
- Other felonies committed with a motor vehicle
- Reckless driving
- Blood alcohol content of .08 or higher
- Refusing to consent to a chemical test after being stopped on reasonable suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer
- Drag racing
- Failure to yield to ambulance, police or fire trucks
- Disobeying traffic signals or signs
- Failure to stop for a school bus or at a crosswalk
- Alcohol-related convictions resulting from operation of snowmobiles or over the road vehicles (ORVs)
- Failure to pay child support
- Failure to appear for a traffic violation citation
- Drug convictions (even when not occurring in connection with driving)
- A court's determination that you do not possess the physical, mental or other qualifications necessary to operate a motor vehicle safely
How can you get your driving privileges back after your driver's license was suspended or revoked?
In some cases, restoration of your driver's license is as simple as paying a fine. Sometimes there are a series of steps that you must complete in a particular order. Depending on the nature of the infraction, you may have to appear in court or complete some other requirements. You may need to take steps to recover your license plate in addition to your driver's license. You may be required to consent to installing an ignition interlock device if you were determined to be a habitual drunk driver.
Can you get your driver's license back on your own, without paying an attorney to help you?
Some people are successful at recovering driving privileges without the help of a lawyer. However, there are often pitfalls and roadblocks that inexperienced people do not know how to overcome. Furthermore, the advocacy skills of an experienced attorney give you a clear advantage in many cases — and may enable you to get a "better deal."
How can you contact a Detroit-area license restoration attorney?
Call us at 888-757-1681 or contact us online to speak with a knowledgeable traffic violations lawyer who is ready to explain your rights and opportunities.