Free Initial Consultations: 248-579-4631


Contact us For A 100% Confidential Consultation With Our Team

Contact Us For A 100% Confidential Consultation With Our Team Now
Schwartz Law Firm PC

August 2015 Archives

What can I expect for back-to-school after a divorce?

Are you newly divorced with children? If so, you have probably been working out the details of your child custody agreement with your ex-spouse. If this is your first back-to-school season with youngsters after a breakup, you might start feeling overwhelmed -- and your children could easily feel the same way. So, what are the keys to maintaining a smooth home life while still satisfying the requirements of your custody agreement? With the help of your Oakland County child custody attorneys, you and your family can get back to school -- and back to normal -- far faster than you thought you could.

Can my ex-spouse move away with my children in Michigan?

Do you know your legal rights when it comes to your spouse moving away with your kids? Michigan's child custody policy outlines specific guidelines for those parents who are considering relocation. Although there are legitimate reasons for relocating to another city or state, parents who share custody typically have to work together to come to a resolution whereas their custody agreement is concerned if one person is thinking of moving.

Thinking about gifting? Know these estate administration rules

Would you rather that your loved ones receive their fair share of your estate when you die -- or do you want to hand over your assets to the tax man? That is the burdensome question that many seek to answer when they enlist the help of an estate administration professional. Tax rules are not always easy to understand, especially as they pertain to estate planning and annual gifting.

Qualifying for foster care and adoption in Michigan

Did you know that foster care is often a viable path to adoption for Michigan families? In some cases, children may be placed with their family members for foster care. In other situations, youngsters are put in a safe, loving home that belongs to someone outside of their biological family. Depending on the situation, foster parents may be able to adopt their foster children if parental rights are terminated. Many child welfare agencies prioritize reuniting the child with his or her blood relatives, but that may not always be possible, and adoption can be a viable alternative.

Farmington Hills Office Location
37887 West Twelve Mile Road
Suite A
Farmington Hills, MI 48331

Farmington Hills Law Office Map
Review Our Firm
Free Consultations Phone: 248-579-4631 Toll Free: 888-757-1681 Fax: 248-553-9107