Farmington Hills Divorce Attorneys
Legal issues surrounding the family can be challenging. Emotions range from fear and anxiety to hurt and frustration. At the Schwartz Law Firm, our attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process, taking care to avoid placing any more stress or burdens on your family during this difficult time.
Whether you are going through a divorce, a child custody dispute or a paternity action, we have the experience and understanding to help you through straightforward or complex legal matters.
Contact our family law firm to schedule a free initial consultation. Our family law firm represents clients in the Detroit area who need effective legal assistance to deal with problems involving:
Divorce and legal separation: We tailor our divorce practice to our clients' unique needs. We handle all divorce-related issues in court and out, ranging from alimony and asset division to issues involving the children.
Child custody and support: We are sensitive to the vulnerability of children enduring a divorce or separation. We offer amicable resolutions to child support, child custody and parenting time issues. We also handle paternity and other child-related matters.
- Application for relief from child support arrears.
- Reimbursement of medical care costs.
- Pre- or post-judgment child support and custody matters: leading up to a divorce, or in preparation for a post-judgment modification
- Enforcement of custody and support orders.
- Filing for ex parte custody, support or property restraining orders.
- Relocation of parents, change of domicile, move-away issues.
Interstate support and custody issues: We can assist with actions to register, enforce or modify judgments from other states or countries under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA). We also assist parents who wish to relocate to another state or even just another county. Because there are certain legal ramifications for relocation if minor children are involved, it is wise to speak with a family law attorney about the proper steps to take to achieve your goals.
- We assist clients with issues of parental kidnapping, obtaining temporary emergency jurisdiction in Michigan when necessary. We litigate issues of jurisdiction in situations where two states may have concurrent jurisdiction over a child custody proceeding.
- We advise clients on whether they are able to obtain an initial custody or support order when the parent and child are not in the same state, as well as whether modification of a foreign judgment is possible. We also assist clients in registering and enforcing Michigan judgments in other states.
Other family law matters: We understand the many legal issues that a family can face. We offer compassionate and experienced legal counsel regardless of the situation. Other family law matters may include adoption, domestic violence and personal protection orders, grandparents' visitation rights and pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
Compassionate Legal Advice at Every Step in the Process
The Michigan divorce attorneys at the Schwartz Law Firm believe in providing compassionate and cost-effective legal representation. We counsel clients through the entire process: from the initial client interview to the initial filing and service of divorce papers, from motions for temporary child or spousal support to negotiation of all aspects of the divorce. We represent family law clients at the trial and appellate levels and handle any post-judgment modification proceedings.
Mediation is Often a Viable Option
Our family lawyers believe in offering clients honest and practical advice. Some clients know their marriages are over and want to resolve related issues as peacefully as possible. In these instances, we will use negotiation or mediation resources to meet our clients' goals.
For a free initial consultation to resolve your family law issues in an atmosphere that is cordial and tailored to your needs, contact our Michigan family law firm in Farmington Hills today.