Schwartz Law Firm


Photo of the Schwartz Law Firm legal team

Legal Assistance For Michigan Child Adoptions

If you are looking to adopt a child — whether he or she is the child of your spouse or other family, or if the child is unrelated to you — you need the assistance of a skilled adoption lawyer. The adoption process can be complex and multifaceted. Ensure that your interests — and the interests of the child involved — are fully protected.

The Schwartz Law Firm assists clients throughout the Oakland County area with a range of family law matters, including adoptions. If you are interested in learning more about forming a legal relationship with a nonbiological child, contact an Oakland County adoption lawyer from our firm.

In-Depth: Michigan Adoption Law Blogs

Stepparent Adoptions

The process of a stepparent adoption requires the termination of parental rights of the noncustodial biological parent. Our firm can assist with this process and other steps involved in establishing a legal relationship between you and your stepchild. If the noncustodial biological parent is uncooperative and unwilling to terminate his or her parental rights, we can seek court intervention.

We also assist with other family adoptions, including grandparent adoptions.


We assist same-sex couples with all adoption-related issues. This includes providing legal counsel during adoptions for married couples who wish to adopt as well as facilitating stepparent adoptions in situations where one partner enters the marriage with a child.

Trusting Schwartz Law Firm With Your Adoption

The adoption attorneys at our firm provide caring and compassionate representation to families going through the adoption process. In any matter, we always consider the best interests of the child or children involved. We are proud to assist in the legal establishment of so many parent-child relationships, including international adoptions.

To learn more about the adoption process in Michigan, contact our Farmington Hills law office online to schedule a free consultation. You can also call 888-757-1681.